Monday 9 March 2009

A day out of the office

With my job I often have to attend courses/seminars/workshops etc. Today I was attending a UCEA workshop (too boring to mention)in London. I had to get up extra early to make sure I didn't miss the train - James was going to school with Leah so I dropped him off first and Kaitlyn was being taken to nursery by my mum as the nursery doesn't open 'til 8am and I had to get the 7:52 train. On my way to take the kids my car skidded and did a 180 degree turn....luckily nothing else was on the road...the kids thought it was fun though!

Once at the station , I asked the ticket man for a return to London zone 1....£42.40 he replied....'for one day?' I questioned....'yes' he confirmed......surely you can fly to Europe for that? Luckily work was paying or I'd have told them to stick it....how can they justify prices like that!

The day was exhausting...I don't know how people do this day in day out. The workshop finished with a sandwich lunch at 1 o'clock. Unfortunately the trains to Chestfield are only every hour and I missed the 1.30 by a few minutes so had to wait, but arrived back at the station by 4, so it wasn't a long day...but felt it...glad to get back to the office tomorrow.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

£42.40 that's absurbed. Maybe that's peak time pricing because we only spend about £20 ish or so.