Thursday 16 July 2009

Busy Bee!

I absolutely dread getting notified by school or nursery that one of the kids needs to dress up or wear something specific, I've had occasions of rushing out at eight o'clock at night to borrow a costume, or cobbling together a last minute outfit of some descriptions. Today's challenge was to make a bee outfit from nothing.

I admit that the nursery did give a weeks notice, but I'd ignored the sign stuck to the classroom door in the hope that it would go away, I told myself that I could get away with pretending I'd forgotten etc etc. However on the way out of Nursery on Tuesday, I was verbally reminded in person that she must dress as a bee tomorrow.....only Naomi could get away with forgetting a verbal reminder the day before an event.

On Tuesday evening I reluctantly started to think of some ideas - bearing in mind I don't exactly live in craft central, the only equipment i managed to find was some black electrical tape and some yellow pipe cleaners....some yellow clothing and some borrowed wings made a bee. I'm glad I'd made the effort as no one else had 'forgotten' to dress their child as a bee.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

I thought I was reading a sweet story about dressing up for playschool and I suddenly find myself insulted.

Jo Bembridge said...

yeah i thought you'd like that....it's soooo true though