Sunday 19 July 2009

Wellie

I found out on Thursday that Shelley had swine flu...from experience I know that looking after children whilst ill is horrific, so I offered to relive her of one child.....Wellie (Luella Mae). Shelley looked dreadful and I was glad I could help in a small way.

The first night was not too bad, although the 3 kids trashed the garden by tipping over plant pots and soaking themselves with the water butt. James had remembered seeing a demonstration where they made a volcano using various ingredients...I think vinegar, bicarbonate of soda and red paint, but he decided that it was tomato ketchup and milk however, so piles of mud became volcanoes and four pints of milk and a bottle of ketchup disappeared from the fridge ended up all over the decking mixed with piles of mud.


On Friday I took the girls to Wildwood in the afternoon and they played nicely together - however at bath time, I'd trimmed Kaitlyn's hair and then got Wellie out to get her dry - when I went back I discovered Kaitlyn with scissors cutting chucks of curls from her head, some bits were only about an inch long.


By Saturday I was exhausted...we had another day at Wildwood and then round to a friends house. Kaitlyn's jealous side was starting to show, and her and Wellie had had a few tiffs throughout the day. By four o'clock I was counting down 'til bedtime. Luckily Wellie went to bed at 6.30 and Kaitlyn at 7. By 8 o'clock they were all in bed and the housework done....I was so tired...note to self, never have a third child!





3 comments:

Naomi said...

You are cery brave. Respect to you.

Ford Family said...

That is really nice- any chance you fancy taking any of mine over the summer?!!

Jo Bembridge said...

not unless you get swine flu....any no faking it x