Thursday 16 July 2009

Politically Correct Sports Day!


It was James' first sports day so I went along to support him....obviously he'd need me cheering him on to the finish line......finish line, what! in a sports day, oh no, this wasn't the competitive, winning kind of sports day...oh no, this was group activity, taking turns, danger free, everyone's a winner kinds of sports day.

No running, no sack race....plastic 'eggs' on spoons, but not a race..a walk round!

No cheering either, parents were kept at watching distance only.

The kids enjoyed it, but come on schools...holding a large circular multicoloured piece of fabric round the edge whilst others run under it is not a sport!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

haha. I still have to write up heather's sports day. I particurlarly like your last line.

Ford Family said...

Ours was the same- waste of time I thought! Bring back the competetive races!