Saturday 17 January 2009

Car Wars


I have a love hate relationship with my car...love the freedom it gives me to go where I want, hate it when anything goes wrong with it and inevitably ends up costing money.

I've had the AA out twice this week - once to be fair was not totally the car's fault...I left the lights on all day at work and then the poxy thing wouldn't start. I say not totally the car's fault, because in fact the buzzer that tells you you've left your lights on does not work.....so partly the car's fault.

I did have to get the AA out the day after however. I've been having a few issues with it over the last could of weeks...over heating, losing water, heating not working in the car. I did fully intend to have it looked at...but I've been busy alright....and skint. So I just kept topping up the water and getting by.

However on this occasion the car had had enough, it was grinding and shaking, the dashboard lights were flashing a beeping at me and basically demanding I stop the car immediately. The AA were called and diagnosed a problem with the heating sensor thing that had caused all the coolant to come out and thus the oil was being used a coolant and the whole engine was not happy about it.

The AA man saw me home and my dad got a man to come and fix it today. I've been 2 days without a car so appreciate being mobile again....but for how long.

No comments: