Friday 9 January 2009

Kaitlyn's Birthday



Kaitlyn turned 3 today...hopefully I will soon see the back of the terrible twos, but knowing Kaitlyn probably not.

For her main present I got her a pink bike. Unfortunately it is freezing and icy today so we couldn't go outside - but she enjoyed pushing it around the living room.

Kaitlyn's friends had been invited to her birthday party - remembering my previous 'note to self' to never have a kids party at home again, the party was booked for Snappy's. It was a joint party with Abi from Kaitlyn's playgroup so it ended up costing about the same a home party.

Most of the kids from duckings were invited and I also invited friends from church and family, Abi had some of her own friends so in total there were 25 kids. As a parent I can highly recommend this as a stress free way of giving your child a birthday party...turn up, watch kids play and eat, go home...no mess, no fuss!



The kids ran around the play area for about and hour, then we went upstairs for party food and a visit from Snappy the Dragon/Dinosaur. The kids all had a brilliant time.



Later at home Kaitlyn was able to open all her presents...her luck was in with so many kids invited to her party she received loads of presents including clothes, hungry hippos, stationary, books and lots more.

2 comments:

Ford Family said...

I can't believe she and Tom are both three- I remmeber when we were pregnant with them- and it was a race to see who would deliver first!

Jo Bembridge said...

I know - I lucked out on that one, 'cos not only did I have to be pregnant for longer than you, but i've got to wait until april for her playgroup funding, whilst you benefit from free sessions now....so not fair!