Tuesday 20 January 2009

Skint!


Whoever had the bright idea of paying salaries early in December - great for about a week when your bank balance looks nice and healthy...not so great 4 weeks later when you're skint with still nearly 2 weeks to go until pay day.

Last week I had £8.24 to spend on shopping. I spent £8.18 at co-op and spent the rest of the week living off food storage. I was also really annoyed by a rouge direct debit that I'd forgotten about...as there was not enough money to pay it, the bank kindly charged me £38....oh yeah kick me when I'm down why don't you.

Yesterday I got my tax credits so was able to 'splash out' at Lidl and put some petrol in the car. Now back to being skint......It's Lidls beans on toast for the next two weeks kids.

1 comment:

Ford Family said...

I totally hear you! January has got to be the worst month- I am currently writing a list of how to best spend my last bit of money to make it last until the end of the month :(