Friday 28 November 2008

Charity.....at what price?

I love a good old rummage through charity shops/boot fairs/ jumble sales....I love to find a bargain and I really love hardly spending any money. I've recently been to a couple good old fashioned jumble sales where I got loads of stuff for about 5p each item. Anyway, today was my morning off so I decided to head into town for a rummage in the local charity shops, I was mainly looking for a green t-shirt for James' Shepard costume, but am always on the look out for other bargains.

I did manage to get a few bargains...some t-shirts for Kaitlyn 50p each, a teenage-mutant-ninja turtle board game for James - 50p and some work trousers for me - £2.00. These sort of prices are fair for what is essentially someone else's castoffs. However a certain few charity shops seem to have forgotten that they are selling second hand items....bearing in mind you can get a new child's t-shirt in primark for £1, I don't expect to see the same t-shirt in a charity ship for £1.50....I will also not pay £20 for secondhand boots, similarly a grubby horse shaped bean bag toy is not worth £1.95....get a grip. I appreciate that the money goes to a good cause, but what is really really want is a bargain!

5 comments:

Ford Family said...

I totally agree! I love to get a bargain too.

Naomi said...

I dumped loads of my lofts contents in a charity shop in Tankerton this week. I saw something in there and asked how much it was and it was £20. Needless to say it stayed there. Hope my stuff fetches a good price.

Naomi said...

and How come you were off?

Naomi said...

I see this 3 days old. Which is why you were off. It has only just shown up in my list.

Jo Bembridge said...

Oh yeah ..I don't always write them on the day...but backdate them as if I did