Tuesday 18 November 2008

I'll scream and scream and scream until I'm sick!

My daughter can be a moody little mare sometimes. I appreciate that it must be tiring playing and eating all day, but there is really no need for some of the extreme strops she throws. Today when I picked her up from nursery she was really tired, this resulted in her having a hissy fit in her car seat and trying the climb out; throwing tomato soup at James whilst eating dinner; and having a massive paddy whist getting ready for bed.

No attempt to calm her down was working...'Kaitlyn do you want a story?' ...scream!, 'a song?' ...Scream!, 'a cuddle?'...waaaaaaaHHHH!!!!. On and on the screaming went, I dread to think what the neighbours thought. Anyway she got herself in such a state that she started coughing...then choking...and then being sick. Lovely red stained tomato soup sick - all over the beige carpet. I love evenings like this - come home from work, deal with a stroppy child, clean up sick...the joys of parenting.

She finally did calm down and went to sleep...they look so cute when they're asleep...all is forgiven and forgotten....until they awake again!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Don't you just feel so unreasonable for how you felt when they were awake when you watch them sleeping.