Friday 21 November 2008

They're not so bad

A few of my recent blogs have focused on the stresses and strains of being a mum, therefore it's only fair to write about days that aren't so bad - today being one of them. This was helped by the fact that it was my day off from work - James was at school and Kaitlyn went to playgroup so I had a few hours to myself this morning. This free time was spent visiting teaching. Naomi and I visited Tracy, Teressa and Laura and it was nice to have adult conversation without constant interruptions.

On picking Kaitlyn up, we went to Emma's place. Due to work, I usually only see Emma and Kathy once or twice a week so it's good to catch up whilst the girls played together - despite a few incidents involving pot pourri and crisps - it was a relatively stress free afternoon. Emma and I then took the girls to the toddler group at the school.

I picked James up and we came home and despite a few whinges from the kids, they were relatively well behaved. James vegged out watching TV whilst Kaitlyn and I did some puzzles together - it's really nice having one-to-one time with Kaitlyn, she so cute when she's behaving nicely. I often have one-to-one time with James once Kaitlyn is in bed, but she sometimes misses out as James is always around.

It really makes a difference on a non-work day when I can pick James up from school and spend time as a family before bed. Today I even had time to make a home cooked dinner, tidy the kids bedroom and reduce the overflowing washing basket to only 3/4 full....believe me, most days I feel productive if I've loaded the dishwasher.

The kids went to bed on time and after a quick tidy round, I had the evening to myself.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

It was indeed a lovely morning. We are very lucky to have such performances today, it will certainly raise my expectations for future visits. Always a pleasure to see you Jo.

Doing any washing is a massive accomplishment so praise to you. And I thought the wash bin was supposed to be no less than 3/4 empty otherwise it feels useless, it has no function, has low self esteem, gets lonely and experiences serious depression.

Ford Family said...

i agree with Naomi's comment about washing! I hate it- worst housework job there is! Although I have to say- for the first time probably ever, I have caught up on my washing this week- It is an odd feeling! Like Naomi says- now the washing basket has no purpose- seems a waste of time!