Monday 1 December 2008

Christmas countdown

My colleague, Ali, thankfully reminded me that it was the start of advent today....what I bad mum I am to forget to get calendars for the kids. At lunchtime I raced into town to get the calendars and chose a Barbie one for Kaitlyn and a High School Musical one for James.


On arriving home later I showed the calendars to the kids and helped them to find door number 1. James was happy with the chocolate behind the door and accepted that he couldn't open anymore doors today. Kaitlyn however was not having any of it, once she realised that there were a whole load of chocolates in there, she wasn't going to stop at just one. Foolishly I let her hold the calendar whilst I got on with things, I suspected she might be attempting to get more chocolates, and several time tried to take it from her, but she managed to keep hold of it.

She had taken a few extra chocolates, but I wasn't too concerned. I got her ready for bed, read her some stories and went downstairs. Later when I checked on her found her asleep on the floor surrounded by the calendar ripped to shreds with all the chocolates gone.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

hahahhahahaha I know Heather would do exactly that which is well I fill it up a day at a time. That's soooo funny.