Friday 12 December 2008

Desperate Housewife!



This was the state of my house at end of play today. I could cope with the 'art work' and toys, but mixed amongst that lot is sweetcorn, apple cores and a puddle of wee (Kaitlyn's going through a stage). I really want to be one of these mums who bakes; cooks; entertains the kids and manages to keep her home immaculate.....but It's just not humanly possible!

Whist I was restoring order downstairs, the kids were in the bath. I couldn't really hear what was going on over the sound of the hoover.

order was restored...or so I thought
However, squeals of laughter led me to be suspicious - they only normally get on when making mischief - and I went upstairs to discover the whole bathroom floor had been flooded...such a fun game to throw jugs of water over the side of the bath.

The little angels......




....had flooded the bathroom



The mess didn't stop there - Kaitlyn, once she had been put to bed decided to trash her bedroom and get undressed. She is currently lying naked on the floor, asleep surrounded by books, puzzles, toys and clothes...I'm just working up the energy to redress her, put her into bed and tidy up their messy room for the hundredth time this week.

All I want for Christmas is a housework fairy...it's not too much to ask, is it?

2 comments:

Naomi said...

I was just saying to my sister today that what I need is a maid. That day sounds a bit like my life. Heather hates tidiness. I tidied her bedroom one day, she walked it proclaimed it was too tidy and pulled loads of stuff out and mess it all up.

Ford Family said...

I actually think your house looked pretty tidy- my is total chaos all day long- it usually looks tidy for a couple of hours on a saturday, when we all make a big effort to clean and tidy- but my Monday morning, it's totally wrecked again. I think we all want to be one of those mums-however- I don't actually think they exist! No matter how people pretend- there is always some mess and chaos where there are children!