Wednesday 3 December 2008

Runaway Rabbit

Our rabbit, Pilchard has runaway...I got home and our neighbour told us that he had been in her garden, but she had been unable to catch him and he had gone through her fence into another garden. He had been in his hutch, which is about 1 metre off the floor, I did know the catch on the door was loose, but didn't think he would push it open and jump out.

I wasn't too worried to begin with...he's runaway before and always come back...but they've got a new puppy next door...an Alsatian, so didn't know if Pilchard had been completely scared away.

I checked the garden regularly throughout the evening, but eventually had to accept that he wasn't coming home this evening...he would have to sleep rough. I felt guilt about all the times I'd been annoyed about going out in the cold to feed him...come home pilchard....the kids will be terribly upset if he's gone for good.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Ahhh. I'm not an animal kind of women but this is sad. Explains why you missed the festivities last night. I heard you were sick. Get well soon.

Jo Bembridge said...

Yeah...I didn't feel well last night, the bunny saga didn't help. Pilchard has actully just returned, just as I was publihing the post from yesterday...he's been out all night, but seems fine.